The 4 Levels of Organic

The 4 Levels of Organic

These are the 4 levels that classifies a product (USDA) Organic.

1. Specific Organic Ingredients
Contains less than 70% certified organic ingredients. They may list certified organic ingredients in the ingredient list & the percentage of organic ingredients.

2. Made with Organic
Products labeled organic without USDA Certification means they contain at least 70% organic ingredients. The remaining 30% are the non-organic ingredients allowed by the USDA.

3. Certified Organic
This is the first level of being USDA-certified. Products in this category use at least 95% organic ingredients. The remaining 5% are non-organic ingredients approved by the USDA.

4. Certified 100% Organic
Products under this category are USDA-certified to contain 100% organic ingredients, other than water & salt. The product packaging is allowed to use the USDA-certified seal & label themselves 100% organic.


U.S. Department of Agriculture |

View All Organic Products

Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.